Monday, February 07, 2005

Capacitor vs Battery

i think it was last week i was talking with a certain someone about capacitors; although i can't remember in what context we were exactly talking. today i was reading to keep up on some of my chemistry knowledge and came across an article on ultracapacitors. which eventually let me to this capacitor, which if i am reading its data sheet correctly it says it is 5000 F. this struck me as a wow! because i though capacitors were lucky to get into the millifarad range...

then i read a little bit more and found this article about ultracapacitors. but it still seems a bit like the capacitor is a battery. it is interesting and gives some good rumination material.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

From my perspective as a part-time, hobby electronics geek, this is cool stuff.

k2h said...

i'm going to have to agree with eddy. I've SEEN 1F caps, but 5000?!!! and the voltage is low, but not that low.